Vacature: EXECUTIVE CONTROLLER
WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN EXECUTIVE CONTROLLER AT A DYNAMIC FAMILY OFFICE WITH A SUPERB VIEW ON THE MAAS IN THE HEART OF ROTTERDAM!
Cornelder Holding B.V. is a dynamic family office, national and international orientated, founded in 1814 and located in Rotterdam. Our portfolio consists of logistic related companies at various maturity stages in Europe and Africa. From providing warehousing and freight forwarding operations, to developing software for increased cargo tracing. Next to this core business, Cornelder invests in innovative companies with a link to the maritime or logistic field.
About The Job
Cornelder is in need of a professional, who can maintain financial oversight of active group portfolios and investment strategies/opportunities. A team player who is capable to manage a growing finance team.
The Executive Controller will have a key role in taking both financial and management accounting to the next level. Is a strategic sparring partner to the CEO, COO and shareholders and can cope with a dynamic entrepreneurial environment. Manages all aspects of day-to-day accounting functions and provides guidance to team members, ensuring effective team support.
The position also entails creating consolidated financial statements for the holding and individual business units, in which the holding has a significant equity stake.
- 10-15 years of experience as a controller in mid-market (international) project environments
- WO / RA / RC
- Experience with M&A / Trade Finance
- Experience with PE owned/backed companies is a pre
- Down to earth
- Pragmatic and solutions-oriented attitude
- Strong business sense
- Can do mentality
- Fluent in English (and Dutch); Portuguese is a plus
- Drive the company’s financial planning (incl. budgetting)
- Lead month-end closing duties, which include ensuring close timeliness and accuracy, account reconciliations, accruals, journal entry preparation/posting, and variance analyses
- Help prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual board packages and presentations
- Being the key-coordinator between the group entities regarding external audits
- Setting up the financial structure of new participations and activities
- Work closely with management team to develop cash flow forecasts and annual budgets
- Work towards more automated, optimized financial reporting
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Advice on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Ensure appropriate cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations
- Advice the Business Development team on a variety of business-cases
Do you match the requirements, than please apply with your resume and motivation to email@example.com
Applications will close on September 8, 2022. We will begin to review applications before the deadline and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Cornelder Holding B.V.
3016 CL ROTTERDAM
Please be welcome to contact Mike van Amstel (Interim Finance) and/or Claartje Bouwers (COO) via telephone number 010 2418080.